Induction week 2019-2020 at CUR has been an excellent opportunity to the new students
From 28th October 2019 to 2nd November this year at Catholic University of RWANDA (CUR), there has been an induction week preparing for new academic year 2019-2020, where new students have got more information about the university and given briefings on the mission, the values and the vision of CUR, as well as they got the opportunities to enjoy this time.
Catholic University of RWANDA (CUR) is one of the high learning institutions which is operating or functioning in Rwanda especially in Southern province, Huye and Gisagara District; It has two campuses one at Taba (Huye) and other at Save (Gisagara).
The week before starting lectures in our university are reserved for induction week or refreshment week for new students in order to get more information about CUR life cycle.
This week has started from 28th October 2019 to 2nd November 2019 and it was programmed daily according to the Themes or subjects of the day. Down there is some important information talked during this induction week.
CUR Students of level 0ne attending the induction week
1. On 28th October 2019 was the opening day at Save campus where Rector Of CUR, Mgr. GAHIZI Jean Marie Vianney, has given welcome remarks to the new students and introduced to them why this university. He focused on the mission; the values and the vision of Catholic University of RWANDA among them , we can talk about promoting top quality education; installing moral and social values through education of citizens free of all forms of discrimination including gender-based; promoting research-action and interceding with the local population in order to help them to familiarize themselves with the new technologies in order to better meet their fundamental needs and to improving their living conditions.
Rector Of CUR, Mgr. GAHIZI Jean Marie Vianney has talked about recognition of the merit, responsible leadership, respect of human rights, tolerance, gender promotion, citizenship and patriotism, Teacher’s social responsibility, critical and objective thought, Excellence Community orientation, competitiveness, technology; and He point on an excellence for the promotion of science, education of honest and committed professionals for the social, economic, technological transformation and religious training.
2. On 29th October 2019; all Deans of faculties explained to new students the benefits of each faculty and what they will go through during courses session and the employment opportunities.
Dean of Faculty Of Public Health And Human Nitrition, Dr URAYENEZA Yves
3. On 30th October 2019; the students of level one have been given the explanations about the Administration services and Finance services of Catholic University of RWANDA like recovery services and other different opportunities (hostels and restaurents). Before that Mr GASANA Ildephonse, Director of Administration and Human Resources hosted "The role of University Students in shaping the Rwanda we want (Ndi Umunyarwanda; Gukunda Igihugu; and Urugerero Program)."
CUR Accountant presenting Finance services
4. On 31st October 2019; Catholic University Students Union (CURSU) hosted the presentation of associations, clubs, and other groups operating in CUR. They also recruited new members for those groups and associations.
5. On 1st November 2019; The remaining services of CUR like registry services; library services and ICT services was presented to new comers in order to show them the way to follow so that they will be able to achieve their goals. And also the Debate Club of CUR host “The role of youth in the development of our Nation; The role of students and youth towards the RWANDA Agenda 2050; and Promotion of: ‘I am Africa Spirit’ among young people, taking reference to the current Xenophobic attack in South Africa; and Saving for investment, The future of Rwanda is me.
In the evening, the induction week is held at Taba campus with the new students for weekend program where Father Prof. RUTEMBESA Faustin Vice Rector of Academic Affairs told them in summary the whole life of CUR and its students.
Vice Rector of Academic Affairs, Father Prof. RUTEMBESA Faustin
We can’t close without telling that every daily program was closed by Match Interfaculty in both girls and boys in different disciplines (Football, volleyball, and Basketball).
It is planned that the induction week closed this Saturday 2nd November 2019 at Save Campus.